Cochrane Ireland/Evidence Synthesis Ireland Fellowship Scheme 2019
The Evidence Synthesis Ireland Fellowship Scheme 2019 replaces the previous Cochrane Ireland Fellowship Scheme, and involves placing Fellows (in a virtual environment) with experienced evidence synthesis centres and review teams in Ireland and internationally. Fellows will receive structured theoretical training from ESI/Cochrane Ireland and join an existing or new review team being led by experienced reviewers within the respective centre/group to gain hands-on evidence synthesis experience in a high-quality environment. Fellows will also receive one-to-one mentorship from a designated mentor from the review centre/group. This will afford the Fellow the opportunity of networking with a range of stakeholders in evidence synthesis and will provide direct experience for ESI Fellows in the conduct of evidence synthesis projects that ultimately inform decision making for clinical practice, health services and heath policy.
The overall objective of the Fellowship is to give the Fellow the opportunity to learn about evidence synthesis in general, as well as to develop the practical skills of how to plan, design, conduct and report an evidence synthesis.
- The opportunity to develop a variety of evidence synthesis methodology skills
- Evidence synthesis experience without the need to manage or lead a review team
- Free attendance at ESI evidence synthesis training workshops
- Co-authorship on high quality review reports/publications3
- €1000 bursary to support travel and/or dissemination expenses
- Mentorship in evidence synthesis from high quality review teams
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with national and international experts
For more details including information on how to apply, please visit the Evidence Synthesis Ireland website here.