In accordance with the policy of Cochrane, Cochrane Ireland does not receive funding from commercial sources, defined as any for-profit manufacturer or provider of health care, or any other for-profit source with a real or potential vested interest in the findings of a specific review. All directors of Cochrane entities are required to complete personal declaration of interest statements and to disclose all relationships with commercial organisations. The term 'related organisation' in the questions below means any organisation related to health care or medical research.
The Director of Cochrane Ireland, Declan Devane, has completed these declarations of interest. Answers given correspond to the last five years.
Date declarations made: Feb 2019.
1. Received research funding: any grant, contract or gift, commissioned research, or fellowship from a related organisation to conduct research?
Yes. Declan is Principal Investigator for a grant from the Health Research Board (HRB) and the Health and Social Care, Research and Development (HSC R&D) Division of the Public Health Agency in Northern Ireland to establish Evidence Synthesis Ireland within which Cochrane Ireland is hosted. Declan's position as Director of Cochrane Ireland and Director of Cochrane Ireland is paid 0.5FTE from this grant.
2. Had paid consultancies: any paid work, consulting fees (in cash or kind) for a related organisation?
3. Received honoraria: one-time payments (in cash or kind) from a related organisation?
4. Served as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or held a position of management with a related organisation?
5. Possessed share-holdings, stock, stock options, equity with a related organisation (excludes mutual funds or similar arrangements where the individual has no control over the selection of the shares)?
6. Received personal gifts from a related organisation?
7. Had an outstanding loan with a related organisation?
8. Received royalty payments from a related organisation?
9. Do you have any other competing interests that could pose a conflict of interest that would reasonably appear to be related to the primary interest?
Yes: Declan is Director of Evidence Synthesis Ireland and Director of the Health Research Board-Trials Methodology Research Network